Baby and Toddler Group Worker (Term Time)
The Project worker is responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating free play through group sessions and 1:1 engagement, for families with child under five. Services will be developed in partnership with Dundee Partnership to meet specific Dundee Strategic Outcomes.
Responsible to: Flexible Childcare Services Manager.
- Marketing the baby and toddler group to professionals, co-workers, and potential clients through distribution of printed material, web site information, and appropriate use of social networking sites.
- Co-ordinating and planning play sessions for families taking into account the needs and the feedback from the families attending, and the age and developmental needs of the children.
- Facilitating and supporting children’s play, whilst encouraging parent/carer involvement.
- Compiling monitoring and evaluation reports for all sessions, including individual progression towards outcomes, observations, and statistical data in line with project plans. Producing reports for the reference for Dundee Partnership.
- Planning and organising healthy breakfast for families attending.
- Facilitating and enabling parents to take on a greater role within the group.
- Take responsibility for financial recording of income and expenditures. Liaise with Finance Officer weekly.
- Reporting of any accidents and incidents.
- Safeguarding of children and following One Parent Families Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the high quality of the environment to meet the needs of each individual child.
- Organise weekly resources arts and crafts, food stuffs and keep within budget.
- Be prepared to undertake domestic duties jobs as required.
- To be committed to continual professional development.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the date of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
- A relevant professional qualification equivalent to SVQ 3
- Experience of learning experiences for children aged 0-5
- Good knowledge of child development
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Experience of working with families in group settings
- Experience of working with confidential information, including client confidentiality
- Ability to monitor and evaluate outcomes
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective communicator, verbal and written to a wide range of people including children
- Member of the PVG Scheme for adults and children, or ability to achieve membership
- SSSC registered preferred but not essential
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge of quality care standards, health and safety standards
- Personal qualities warmth and sensitive to family members and their needs
- To be approachable and friendly individual
- Period of appointment: The appointment is a one year fixed contract for term time only. Confirmation of appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3 month probationary period and receipt of a satisfactory PVG record.
- Hourly rate: £11.53
- Hours of work: 4 hours weekly term time only, Monday and Wednesday 9:30 to 11:00am plus one hour flexible for planning.
- Pension: You will automatically be enrolled in the company pension scheme with The Pensions Trust at an employee contribution of 1% of salary, OPFS will contribute 3%. Once your appointment has been confirmed at the end of the probation period, you will be eligible to join the full pension scheme. Details of this will be sent to you at that time.
- Training and Support and Supervision: You will receive induction training and support thereafter, you will receive individual support and supervision from the Manager and appraisals.
- Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunities and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status.
- Recruitment Timetable: The closing date for applications is Monday 8th May at 9am and shortlisting will take place that week.
Please send completed Application Form to:
Flexible Childcare Services Manager
20 Grampian Gardens, Dundee DD4 9QZ
Tel: 01382 502504/504652