Do you live in the Castlemilk area?
We are working in partnership with Glasgow Housing Association, Cube Housing and Scotcash to improve the support, information and advice available to single parents who are affected by welfare reform. We have a new single parent programme starting in the Castlemilk area.
Where & when
Place: Maureen Cope Community Hall, 201 Ardencraig Road. Glasgow
Date: Every Monday for 6 weeks from 23 February 2015
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Lunch is provided, travel will be reimbursed, childcare facilities are available onsite and an incentive voucher given for participation. Parents can come along to have a coffee and meet other single parents whilst enjoying friendly interactive sessions on:
- Information about changes to welfare and how it affects lone parents
- What can I claim – access funding and additional financial support
- Workshop on family finances and welfare rights
- Support to deal with debts and budgeting
- Energy advice and help to address fuel bills
- Information about local services available to lone parents within the local area
Parents also have the opportunity to enhance their ICT skills through our IT introduction programme.
For further information, or to make a referral, please contact:
Charlene Fleming, Lone Parent Family Co-ordinator
Mobile: 07825 147935