Easterhouse single parent personal development programme
We have a new course for single parents, designed to increase confidence in their skills and experience, running in Easterhouse, Glasgow.
01 September 2015 – 27 October 2015
Glenburn Community Centre, 6 Glenburnie Place, Glasgow G34 9AN
Personal and Social Development Course
01, 03 and 04 September 2015 at 10:00am–2:00pm
The 3-day Personal and Social Development course aims to:
- Introduce parents living within the local area
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Invite parents to look at where they currently are in their lives and where they want to be in the future
- Explore barriers they may face on their journey into employment, training or volunteering
Every Tuesday, 9:30am-12:30pm
Parents can come along to have a coffee and meet other parents whilst enjoying friendly interactive sessions on:
- Information about changes to welfare and how it affects single parents
- What can I claim? – access additional funding and support
- Workshop on family finances and welfare rights
- Support to deal with debts and budgeting
- Energy advice and help to address fuel bills
- Information about local services available to single parents within the local area
Note: Both courses are delivered as one programme; parents must be able to commit to the full duration of the course.
By the end of this programme parents will have:
- increased confidence in their skills and experience
- greater awareness of the wide range of opportunities available to them
Parents will also have a good understanding of:
- single parent benefits, exemptions & sanctions
- the range of small grants available to single parents
- family finances & budgeting
- increased confidence & motivation levels
To book a place please email Charlene Fleming or call on 0141 847 0444 or 07825 147935.
Crèche places are available but must be booked in advance.
Lunch is provided and travel costs will be reimbursed.