Who are Concentrix?

Have you been contacted by Concentrix?

HMRC is working with a company called Concentrix to check tax credits claims are correct and up to date. If someone from Concentrix contacts you, it’s really important that you give them the information or evidence they ask for, by the date they say. Your tax credits award could be changed if you don’t.

You may receive a letter that suggests you have another adult living with you, even if you are a single parent. The letter may state that you are required to send information to Concentrix as part of their investigation. It is important to reply to the letter as soon as possible and before the given deadline, otherwise your tax credits could be suspended.

What triggers Concentrix checks?

Some of the possible reasons for an investigation may include:

  • Bills that are still in joint names, eg mobile phones, utility bills
  • Credit cards still in joint names
  • Joint bank accounts (even if they are not used)
  • Electoral roll records still listing your ex-partner as a resident in your home
  • Council tax bills that still show an ex-partner’s name
  • Tenancy agreements in joint names registered at your property
  • Your child’s details appearing in financial records (if they are an adult but still living at home)


What should I do when I receive a letter?

You should call the number given in the letter before you attempt to gather all the documents requested. Compliance check letters are computer generated and making a telephone call first may help to resolve the investigation, or reduce the number of documents you are asked to send.

If you cannot reach Concentrix by telephone then you should reply to the address given in the letter. 

Alternatively if you can visit a Citizens Advice Bureau the advisers there will be able to make telephone contact with Concentrix on your behalf.

How can I complain?

If you wish to complain about the investigation, you can contact HMRC directly. If you receive poor service from a Concentrix member of staff you can send a written complaint to: Concentrix, PO Box 4949. Lancing, BN11 9Y.

Change in circumstances

If your circumstances have changed, for example if you’ve changed your working hours, started living with a new partner or changed your childcare arrangements, you may need to inform HMRC. See our Going back to work information pack for information on when you should inform HMRC.

Other sources of help and support

Call the Lone Parent helpline for support and advice on 0808 801 0323.

To speak to Concentrix, you will need to call 0345 6003130.

See Tax credits: challenging decisions at CPAG.

Posted in News.

2 Responses to Who are Concentrix?

  1. Liz black says:

    Going through so much stress , this is a disgrace, I have a disabled daughter who has been waiting for appointments now had to cancel due to making ends meet for food. I do not receive my 1st letter no reminder letter just money stopped been on phone for 74 mins now can’t stop crying.

Comments are closed.


Facebook Twitter Youtube


Become a member of OPFS


How to Donate

OPFS appreciate all the support we receive

Donate to OPFS

Contact OPFS

OPFS Headquarters
2 York Place

0131 556 3899


Accessibility | Sitemap | Professionals

© One Parent Families Scotland 2019.
All Rights reserved.

Registered as: One Parent Families Scotland, a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered at Edinburgh under number 094860. Scottish Charity Number SC006403