Got 2020 visions of entering employment? We could help you on the journey
As we enter the new year and new decade, many of us will be reflecting on our goals, plans and hopes for the future.
January can be a great time for self-motivation, whether you’re aiming for a new job or a new outlook on life, but it can also create a sense of pressure to make changes overnight.
At One Parent Families Scotland we know that this is often an unrealistic expectation, particularly if you’ve been struggling with your mental or physical health.
Whether your goals are long-term or short-term, our employability workers in Dundee may be able to provide support and guidance to help you along the way, one step at a time.
- Are you a single parent?
- Do you have a mental health condition or a disability?
- Are you currently unemployed?
- Do you live in Dundee?
If so, our employability support service could help you get into work.
Our friendly workers Colleen Gowans and Lorna Hornsby can provide:
- One-to-one support at home or in a place of your choice, where you can find out about career choices, in-work benefits and childcare
- Help to increase your skills and knowledge and feel more confident with setting goals
- Information about courses and training and help with applying for them
- Support with job searching, compiling a CV and applications, and free internet and phones to contact employers
- Access to groups on different topics and personal development courses
- In-work and aftercare support including budgeting advice, debt management and support to manage work issues to help sustain jobs.
Get in touch by phoning or texting Colleen and Lorna on 01382 501972 or 07342187374 or 07974873359, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Facebook at One Parent Families Scotland Dundee Family Support Services.