New Young Carer Grant
Young carers aged 16 -18 in Scotland who don’t currently qualify for Carer’s Allowance may be eligible for a new £300 annual Young Carer Grant.
To qualify you must be:
- between 16 and 18 years of age,
- not getting carer’s allowance and
- caring for someone for at least 16 hours per week.
The person you are caring for must be getting:
- the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment or
- the middle or highest care rate of Disability Living Allowance or
- Attendance Allowance for at least 16 hours per week
Phone Social Security Scotland on 0800 182 2222
For more details see Young Carer Grant: FAQ