Training for Professionals
Keep up to date and stay informed
Training for professionals working with single parents
Benefits in Scotland are changing. Most means tested benefits are being abolished and rapidly replaced with universal credit. Universal credit and the devolved Scottish aspects will impact on the single parents you work with. Keep up to date with all the changes and get the support you need to advise single parents how the changes will affect them and what support is available.
Why choose One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS)
“Fantastic Training. Very informative. Warm & welcoming trainer. Very knowledgeable.”
“I had very little prior knowledge. I feel a lot more confident in my knowledge of this system.”
“A lot of useful information and a much better understanding of procedure and advice we can give clients. Very useful course and I will recommend to others.”
“I work with a lot of single parents. The training was very relevant to my day to day job. Very informative and well delivered.”
“Well presented in an informed way. Lots of opportunity for questions.”
- One Parent Families Scotland are the only national single parent organisation in Scotland providing services to single parents
- OPFS has great track record of providing highly rated training to the statutory and voluntary sectors.
- All our trainers regularly give advice to single parents and bring years of experience and knowledge to the subject and how it applies in Scotland.
- Our courses are very interactive and engaging in small groups of up to 8 participants, giving plenty of time for discussion and practising advice and calculations via case studies.
- All participants will be given resources to share with colleagues and single parents and access to our Practitioners Advice Helpline for unlimited ongoing support.
- The venue is a one-minute walk from the central train station in the exciting city of Glasgow.
We can come to you
All our courses can be tailored and booked to take place at your venue.
“It was excellent! Clear, easy to understand. Thank you very much.”
“I will inform work colleagues of what I found out today and apply to my work as well as informing families of help available. Thank you. Very happy with the overall course.”
The following half day in-house courses are available:
- Single Parent Awareness
- Benefit Conditions and Sanctions on Single Parents
- Universal Credit for Single Parents in Scotland
- Child Maintenance to Maximise Single Parent Income.
We also offer training to the private sector.
Contact our training delivery coordinator Nicky Sugden (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on fees and set up arrangements.