Training for Professionals
Keep up to date and stay informed
We offer a range of introductory half-day courses to professionals working with single parents in Scotland. Our courses help you keep up to date with issues affecting single parent families enabling you to support and advise them.
Why choose OPFS?
“Fantastic Training. Very informative. Warm & welcoming trainer. Very knowledgeable.”
“A lot of useful information and a much better understanding of procedure and advice we can give clients. Very useful course and I will recommend to others.”
“I work with a lot of single parents. The training was very relevant to my day to day job. Very informative and well delivered.”
“Well presented in an informed way. Lots of opportunity for questions.”
- OPFS are the only national single parent organisation in Scotland providing services to single parents
- OPFS has a great track record of providing highly rated training to the statutory and voluntary sectors
- All our trainers regularly give advice to single parents and bring years of experience and knowledge to the subject and how it applies in Scotland
- Our courses are very interactive and engaging in small groups of up to 8 participants, giving plenty of time for discussion and practising advice and calculations via case studies
- All participants will be given resources to share with colleagues and single parents as well as offering and access to our Lone Parent Helpline for unlimited ongoing support
We can come to you
All our courses can be tailored and booked to take place at your venue.
The following half day in-house courses are available:
- Single Parent Awareness
- Benefit Conditions and Sanctions on Single Parents
- Universal Credit for Single Parents in Scotland
- Child Maintenance to Maximise Single Parent Income
We also offer training to the third and private / public sector.
Contact our training delivery coordinator Nicky Sugden (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on fees and set up arrangements.