When you are a single parent, you may be making or adjusting the child contact arrangements for your children with your child’s other parent.
This advice guide is for single parents who would like to know the legal issues involved when parents make child contact arrangements. This guide covers:
- Who can make decisions about children?
- Parental rights & responsibilities (PRR)
- How to arrange contact between your child and their other parent
- Services to help arrange contact between your children and their other parent
- Dealing with concerns about children while they are with their other parent
There are references to advice guides and other organisations where you can get details on the issues raised but please call the Lone Parent Helpline free on 0808 801 0323 for further information and advice.
This advice guide is written for single parents living in Scotland. We have done our best to ensure that the Information contained in this advice guide is correct at the time of publication. Please check dates and details before use. This advice guide is not a comprehensive guide to the law, nor a substitute for legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of services offered by third parties.