Disability, Sickness and Care Benefits
If you, or your child, have a disability or illness or you care for someone with a disability or illness you may be able to get benefits to help with day to day living costs and to pay for support and services. This advice guide gives single parents an overview of what financial and other help is available.
This guide covers:
- Financial help when you’re not able to work
- Financial help if you have a disability or long-term illness
- Financial help for children with a disability or long-term illness
- Financial help if you are caring for someone with a disability or illness
- Time off work when you are a carer
There are references to advice guides and other organisations where you can get details on the issues raised but please call the Lone Parent Helpline free on 0808 801 0323 for further information and advice.
This advice guide is written for single parents living in Scotland. We have done our best to ensure that the Information contained in this advice guide is correct at the time of publication. Please check dates and details before use. This advice guide is not a comprehensive guide to the law, nor a substitute for legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of services offered by third parties.