This advice guide is for single parents about to claim universal credit, already getting it or who want to know more.
It explains more about what universal credit is, how to claim, how is it calculated and paid, and how the rules apply to single parents.
This guide covers:
- What is universal credit?
- Can single parents get universal credit?
- Moving from other benefits to universal credit
- How is universal credit calculated and how much will I get?
- How do I claim universal credit?
- How is universal credit paid?
- How a change of circumstance affects universal credit
There are references to advice guides and other organisations where you can get details on the issues raised but please call the Lone Parent Helpline free on 0808 801 0323 for further information and advice.
This advice guide is written for single parents living in Scotland. We have done our best to ensure that the Information contained in this advice guide is correct at the time of publication. Please check dates and details before use. This advice guide is not a comprehensive guide to the law, nor a substitute for legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of services offered by third parties.