Universal Credit Advice Guide
This advice guide (updated Sep 2018) is for single parents who may be about to claim universal credit, are already getting it or who have heard of its introduction and want to know more. The advice guide covers:
- Benefits that universal credit replaces
- The claiming process
- How and when universal credit is paid
- Universal Credit Scottish Choices
- How universal credit is calculated including housing, disability payments, childcare costs
- The benefit cap
- The claimant commitment and sanctions
- Hardship payments
Note: This advice guide is for single parents. The regulations for couples and single people may differ from those given here.
We have done our best to ensure that the Information contained in our advice content is correct at the time of publication. Please check dates and details before use. This advice is not a comprehensive guide to the law, nor a substitute for legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of services offered by third parties.