Updated Advice Guides for single parents
Our advice guides cover a wide range of subjects with useful information for single parents about money, work, separation and much more. The updated guides are available for single parents and professionals and contain expert advice from our Advice & Information team.
These guides cover the many common questions we are asked about on the Lone Parent Helpline.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How is universal credit calculated and how much will I get?
- How a change of circumstance affects universal credit
- Financial help if you are caring for someone with a disability or illness
- Time off work when you are a carer
- Changes to benefits in Scotland